DATE: Thursday, February 13th
TIME: 11:00 am (Order: Cows, Heifers, Calves)
LOCATION: N989 Mt. Hope Rd., Brodhead, WI. From Brodhead, WI go west on Hwy. 11-81 app. Two miles to Mt. Hope Rd., Go south app. Four miles to farm on right.
For cattle info phone Scott @ 608-558-8237
300-HEAD of HOLSTEIN DAIRY CATTLE
- 160 Milk Cows with 30 cows fresh last 90 days, 50-cows dry by sale day,
- balance in all stages of lactation.
- 25-Springing Heifers, bred 6-8 mos.
- 20-Heifers, exposed to shortbred
- 19-Open Heifers, 6-12 mos.old
- 15-Heifer Calves, 4-6 mos.old
- 20-heifers from baby to started calves
- 40-Steers with 25-head 400–600 lbs. & 15-baby to 400 lbs.
- 1-Purebred Holstein Bull, 2 yrs.old
NOTE: After 65+ years the Malcook family has decided to retire from dairy farming. Cows and heifers are bred to Hoesly & Maier Registered Bulls. The Malcooks have always bred their cattle with a purebred Holstein Bull. Cows are being milked in a parlor and have peaked at 25,500 lbs. over the years. The SCC ranges from 150,000 to 254,000. The Butterfat is 3.84 with 3.09 Protein. Sale can be held undercover. Mark your calendar for their Real Estate Auction of 145 acres on March 5th and Machinery Auction on March 19th. Please see our website for more details.
TERMS: Cash or good check. Not responsible for accidents or losses.