DATES: Saturday, April 1st-Dairy Cows – AND – Tuesday, April 4th-Heifers
TIME: 11:00 am
LOCATION: 15139 Olson Lane, Mineral Point, WI. From Mineral Point, WI go south & from Darlington, WI go north on Rt. 23 app. eight miles to Olson Lane.
NOTE: After 40 years of dairying the Wonders have decided to retire from the dairy business and have sold their farm.
For auction questions Ann-608-482-3644,Steve-608-
482-2980 or Dan-608-482-1601
SATURDAY, APRIL 1st-COWS & HEIFERS
148-HEAD of HIGH GRADE HOLSTEIN & CROSS BRED DAIRY COWS & HEIFERS
- 85-Cows milking with 35-40 cows fresh last 90 days, balance in all stages of lactation
- 20-Dry Cows, all dry treated with Spectramast, some close, balance due into May
- ****** May be a few close springing heifers
- 6-Open Holstein Heifers, ready to breed, very good growthy heifers
- 18-Open Holstein Heifers, 8-12 mos. Old inc. 1-sharp Brown Swiss, very good growthy
- 19-Holstein Heifers, newborn to 6 mos.old
NOTE: Included in this herd are 6-R&W Cows, 5-Brown Swiss & Swiss Cross, 2-Jersey/Holstein Cross, Balance are B&W Holsteins with many cows carrying the red factor.This is a young herd with average age of 28.6 months. Cows are being parlor milked and free stall housed with sand bedding. All AI sired for past 20 years with Select Sires and are on a Central Star young sire breeding program . The herd average is 80 lbs. of milk with 1059 Fat & 3.2 Protein. Approximately 25% of this herd is milking over 100 lbs. lst lactation ME- 21,562 with 1157 Fat, 2nd lactation ME is 22, 281 with 1291 Fat with a 82 lb average, 3rd lactation average is 89lbs. Cattle are giving a lot of milk with a high Butterfat count. Have been bred for milk, fat along with udder quality. The SCC ranges from 73,000-178,000. Individual SCC posted day of sale. Cows are on a monthly herd check with Dr. Irv, Argyle Vet Service. All wormed & poured and up to date on vaccinations. Vira Shield is given when confirmed pregnant and Bova Shield at calving time. Plan now to attend. Overnight stay of cattle can be arranged.
TUESDAY, APRIL 4th @ 11:00 am
57-HEAD of BRED & OPEN & EXPOSED HEIFERS
- 28- Bred Holstein Heifers, bred from 2-5 mos to Angus Bull
- 29-Open & Exposed Holstein Heifers to Angus Bull
TERMS: Cash or good check. Not responsible for accidents or losses.
AUCTIONEERS: Tom Bidlingmaier, Browntown, WI 608-328-4878 & Cory Bidlingmaier, Monroe, WI 608-558-4924. WRAL #740 & 1283. B&M Auctions of WI, LLC, Browntown, WI WRAL#166