DATE: Friday, July 28th
TIME: 11:00 a.m.
LOCATION: W6352 Dividing Ridge Rd, Monticello, WI. From Monticello, go west on County C for app. 4 miles to County N, go north to Dividing Ridge Rd, go west to first farm on the right.
For auction questions phone Nate @ 608-482-1012
141-HEAD of HIGH GRADE DAIRY COWS, HEIFERS, CALVES & BULL
- 74-Milk Cows inc. 35-Holsteins (3-are R&W); 13-Jersey; 20-Jersey/Hol. Cross;
- 5-Swiss; 1-Shorthorn;
- 13-Dry Cows inc. 11-Holstein, 1-R&W Holstein, 1-Swiss
- 17-Bred Heifers inc. 12-Holstein; 3-Jersey/Hol. Cross; 2-Jersey, bred 3-7 mos.
- 24-Yearling Heifers inc/9-Holstein; 9-Jersey/Hol. Cross; 5-Jerseys; 1-Shorthorn
- 12-Calves on Milk inc.5-B&W Hol.; 3-R&W Hol.; 4-Jersey/Hol. Cross
- 1-Holstein Bull from Fertile Ridge Dairy, Mt. Horeb, WI (can be registered)
HERD NOTES; J&N Dairy is a small family dairy with each member helping out with milking and chores. This herd has been built for components and color. You will find a lot of both at this sale. 15-Fresh cows in the last 45 days, 25-Fresh cows from 45 to 90 days, and 17-Heifers bred 3 to 7 months. Cows are set up to calve in the spring. The Hudson’s are currently shipping a 60lb herd average, but have peaked at 85lbs per cow. The SCC is 134,000 with a 4.2 Butterfat & 3.2 Protein. Cows have peaked at a 4.6 Butterfat. They are up to date on hoof trimming and all their vet work is done by the Argyle Vet Clinic. Cows are milked in a stanchion barn and are fed TMR, baleage, high moisture corn, and protein. They have been out of silage since May. There will be cows here for everyone’s taste with a very nice selection of young stock heifers.